Our Lady of Peace Preschool – 8th grade Catholic school in North Hills is seeking a full time Office Assistant who speaks Spanish. This position will be available on October 18th. Hours are from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Ideally it is a 12 month (year round) position.
Job Duties include:
- Full time office receptionist responsible for answering phones, greeting, guiding, and supporting all that visit and/or call the school’s office.
- Respond to and route important issues to appropriate staff
- Assist parents with any needs in regard to health and attendance issues
- Encourage prospective parents/guardians to come for a visit and plan that in collaboration with the principal
- Assist students who come into the office for various purposes (notes, forms, outdoor issues, etc.)
- Position provides direct support to the administrative team as needed.
External Media Communications
- Gather news and publish the school’s weekly newsletter on Mail Chimp
- Manage the school master calendar for preschool and TK-8th, and publish monthly calendar in newsletter
- Administer school website and social media systems. Includes regularly adding new content to social media account(s) (pictures, videos, etc.) at least s on a weekly basis
School Duties During the Day
- Help supervise and assist in classes as needed in urgent situations
- Set up, update and generally oversee the Gradelink system to enter/monitor attendance, health issues, grade reporting, and progress reports.
- Oversee and coordinate the school lunch program (ensure consistency of service and communications)
- Excellent, very friendly and effective communication and people skills. Interpersonal skills must be top caliber
- Top caliber interpersonal skills, welcoming demeanor, effective communication (verbal and written) and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaker) preferred, but not required
- Capability to work accurately with details of data entry on Gradelink, etc.
- Must be proficient in technology (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Google Drive), school information systems (Gradelink, Mail Chimp), Office/Copy machine operations, etc.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive matters
- Physical ability to move and/or carry boxes up to 25 pounds
- Patience and flexibility
- Good writing skills
- Previous experience in a school setting
- Mission-oriented to provide a quality customer service in a Catholic setting
Our Lady of Peace School (North Hills)
9022 Langdon Ave
North Hills, CA email@example.com