Under the general supervision of the Mortuary Manager, the Office Administration Manager delegates, manages and performs the overall administrative function of the operational activities of a funeral home. Manages and coordinates the activities of support staff to ensure the highest quality services and products, to satisfy the need of any client family, to maximize budgeted profit plans for the location, and maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Oversees processing of all accounting support functions including:
- Collections of all accounts receivable including billing
- Verifications and payments of all accounts payable invoices
- Controls of receipt and deposit of cash payments received
- Verifies/audits cash disbursement reports
- Processing Pre-need and At-need contracts
- Maintains petty cash account and disburse the same in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Coordinates the completion and filing of various funeral forms and reports; verifies accuracy
- Prepares reports as required
- Administers local HR processes as applicable
- Collaborates and supports all other departments within the business location
- Reviews time cards and administers payroll policies and procedures
- Facilitates vendor coordination and supervision
- Trains, supervises and coaches staff in processes and procedures
- Processes expense reports and track Capital Expenditures
- Maintains records as needed
- Manages all Alarm Systems (codes, working order, etc.)
- Monitors document retention policies and disposes of expired documents in a secure manner
- May prepare correspondence
- Prepares customer statements
- Assists the Funeral Arrangers and other support staff as another point of contact for families with regards to questions or complaints
- Supports location management to ensure all work orders are completed in a timely manner with proper documentation
- Assures compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- High school diploma or completion of a college diploma training program
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in an administrative capacity with focus on customer service
- 3 – 5 years bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, and Accounts Payable experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church
- Proficiency in data entry and reconciliation techniques
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy
- Organize and coordinate projects.
- Follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Concentrate and complete moderately complex forms
- Travel to local sites for meetings
- Must be able to read and interpret Mortuary policies, procedures, contracts and customer files.
- Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
- Work independently with initiative and little supervision
- Maintain confidentiality
- Sit and stand for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking
- Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30 pounds
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found here.
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to: employment@la-Archdiocese.org.
Please submit the email with the following subject line: Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
Catholic Cemeteries and Mortuaries (LA)
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
LA, California email@example.com