St. Emydius Catholic School, located in the city of Lynwood (near Plaza Mexico) serves students in Transitional Kindergarten to Eighth Grade. Our community provides a rigorous and faith-filled Catholic education and form students to become faithful Catholics, active learners, self motivators, and globally aware citizens.
We are seeking a a Part-Time Music Teacher for grades TK-8 who will also serve as our School Choir Director.
The Music Teacher/School Choir Director will plan and teach music to our TK through 8th grade students plus teach and direct the school choir. The Music Teacher/Choir Director will direct our school choir for our Thursday Weekly Mass, Monthly Sunday Family Mass, and other Holy Days of Obligation.
Additional responsibilities also includes directing our Christmas Program/Concert and any other seasonal events as needed.
This is a part time position: Approximately 20-24 hours per week.
- planning and implementing Music lessons for grades TK-8th
- submitting weekly lesson plans and progress reporting via SchoolSpeak
- monitoring students at recess/lunch as scheduled
- directing school choir
- working with administration and staff to plan masses, prayer services, Christmas program/concert
- performing other related duties as assigned by administration
- Bachelors degree (or in-progress)
- California Single Subject Credential (or in-progress) (Preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Be active in the Catholic Church and in good standing with the church’s moral teaching
- Continually seek growth opportunities that allow innovation to improve student learning
- Participate in and contribute to the life of St. Emydius Catholic School
The candidate will be expected to complete the following upon being hired: VIRTUS certification, CPR training, fingerprinting through the ADLA and submit a TB test.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in becoming a part of the St. Emydius Catholic School community, please send your resumé and letter of interest to Mrs. Erika Melendez, Principal at email@example.com.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Emydius Catholic School (Lynwood)
10990 California Avenue
Lynwood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org