Our Lady of the Assumption Parish is seeking a vibrant music leader for the Youth and Young Adult Mass ensemble that serves each Sunday at 5:30pm. The ideal candidate must have a passion for our Catholic faith, working with the youth of the parish, and liturgical music. This music minister should be a skilled vocalist and guitarist. Proficiency in another instrument such as piano or percussion is helpful but not required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan music and lead teen and young adult music ensemble each Sunday for the 5:30pm Mass.
- Lead a rehearsal prior to each week’s Mass to prepare the ensemble.
- Create worship aids, sheet music packets, etc. for ensemble to help them prepare for the Mass.
- Create PowerPoint presentation containing song lyrics for each week’s music to be projected as a worship aid for the assembly.
- Serve as a mentor to teen and young adult musicians developing their skills as music ministers.
A qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic that seeks to spread the love of Christ to others through music and the human presence.
- Possess excellent musicianship skills. Ability to read music desired but proficiency in voice and guitar is necessary.
- Work closely with the parish Youth Ministry Coordinator to plan and lead music for Youth and Young Adult adoration services, retreats, and other special events.
- Work collaboratively with the Music Coordinator and Pastor.
- Ability to lead uplifting praise and worship music reflective of each week’s scripture. Must also have the ability to effectively lead music from the contemporary and traditional Catholic music styles.
- Dynamic and inviting personality with the gift of engaging the music ensemble’s members as well as the assembly in song.
- Strong sense of the liturgy and an appropriate and effective use of song within the (Prior liturgical music experience is preferred)
- Be available to begin serving in September 2021
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church ATTN: Mary Muñoz
Phone: (909) 626-3596 ext. 4263
FAX: (909) 624-3680
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish (Claremont)
635 Berkeley Ave.
Claremont, CA firstname.lastname@example.org