We seek a dynamic and talented multimedia teacher who is capable of preparing students to be able to use
technology effectively and appropriately in education and future life experiences. The multimedia teacher will teach a variety of software and applications to expand student learning in various areas such as multimedia, computer science, and programing. Teachers may also work with other teachers in areas outside of the multimedia and technology center after school and on weekends. Instructional and lesson planning flexibility are essential. The ideal teacher enjoys secondary education, can teach a variety of multimedia courses, will create a rich learning environment, employ varied teaching approaches, and use multiple tools to assess student understanding and competencies. The teacher will have the ability to work collaboratively with other teachers, will be able to innovate through blended course arrangements if required, and employ differentiated instructional methods in developing and delivering effective lessons to a diverse group of learners. Enthusiasm for classroom innovation and ability to devise a variety of educational experiences is valued at Bishop Diego: use of inquiry-based instructional methods, use of dynamic assessment tools, class discussions, and group projects to deepen student understanding. Flexibility, humor and willingness to work with students inside and outside the class are valued. The teacher will have preference for a faith-based, Catholic values-based curriculum and a proactive orientation to seek parent input and counsel to effectively advance student success.
Duties and requirements include:
• Basic understanding of network and file sharing
• Ability to effectively use and troubleshoot computer lab technology to teach Microsoft
Office, Adobe Collective Suite, and Web to prepare students for other classes in the
multimedia center and on campus.
• Ability to setup and lead student run off campus Web Streaming of events after school
and on weekends.
• Lesson plans for course on file
• Preparation and implementation of daily lessons
• Delivery of assignments and timely evaluation of all relevant class work and student progress
• Design and implementation of appropriate, authentic assessments and support of individual student learning styles
• Timely and proactive communication with parents about student progress
• Collaboration with other members of faculty, administration, and staff on experiential, interdisciplinary and community-based opportunities that add to the school community
• Willingness to adapt and change instructional approaches based on peer and supervisory suggestions and recommendations
• Participation in school sponsored curricular and extra-curricular Catholic activities on and off campus
• Effective and timely communication with varied school constituencies in person, and through various electronic forms of communication
• Support for divisional and school-wide initiatives through committee work, where appropriate
• Supervision and/or participation in non-academic activities, including lunch and study hall as appropriate
Strong candidates will have background in some or all of the following areas:
• Programing experience in Java, Python, and/or C++
• App building experience using Xcode and or other app building software
• Animation and design knowledge using Autodesk, (Maya, 3d studio max)
• Computer Science
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a technology/media related field. Minimum of five years teaching experience preferred, however, candidates with less experience may be considered depending on background. The successful candidate will also possess a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. The successful candidate must possess or acquire a State of California issued teaching certificate. Ability to lead one or more co-curricular activities is desirable. The school welcomes the opportunity to continue to find ways to diversify its faculty.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated accomplishments and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school and curricular philosophy at www.bishopdiego.org. First year applications without certification will be considered. To apply for the position please provide the following to the physical mail or email address below:
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Copy of Transcript
• Credential Copy
• Letters of Recommendation (3 recent, signed letters of recommendation required)
No Phone Inquiries Please
Attn: Mr. Tim Flanagan
Bishop Garcia Diego High School
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Bishop Garcia Diego High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara)
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA email@example.com