The Catholic Church has an incredible story to tell, and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles has embarked as the first of its kind in the world to reach people where they are and establish best practices to share with the Global Church. The Creative Coordinator for the Digital Team will be the key liaison between management and the Producer. The individual in this position will multi-task, pay extreme attention to detail, ensure client needs are met, and interact and coordinate with other employees in the department as well as external contracted freelancers. The Multimedia Coordinator reports to the Producer. Be a part of a team that is changing the way the Church tells her story.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performance of their work.
- Serve as the key liaison between the Producer and other management on the digital team, namely the CDO and Executive Project Manager.
- Aid the Producer and Senior Producer in the day-to-day production and management of video, audio and photographic services for the digital communications department of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- Assist in the management of production schedules and help maintain viable milestones for video and photography work. Update production schedule weekly.
- Coordinate projects for freelance videographers and editors. Traffic projects with appropriate parties to get feedback and relay to the digital team.
- Manage digital assets (photos, videos, graphics) and serve as point person for collecting and organizing media for a wide variety of use within the digital team.
- Ability to film and photograph as needed, understanding how the equipment works and best practices for filming and photography.
- Edit video and photography to produce final image and film products to be distributed online, at events, at parishes, etc.
- Create and follow up on internal paperwork, contracts and releases.
- Work with vendors, process invoices and follow up accordingly.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with vendors, participants, clients and team against tight deadlines.
- Ensure client needs are clearly communicated and met for each project.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and thinks quickly amidst changing circumstances.
- Answer phones and take detailed messages as needed.
Any combination of experiences and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community
- Committed to the mission of the Digital Team.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience preferably in film, marketing/business and/or communications.
- Prior administrative experience a plus.
- Multi-lingual (Spanish speaking a plus).
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills; Ability to juggle a variety of initiatives and adjust to changing timelines and priorities
- Must have excellent written communication skills with a focus on grammar and spelling.
- Tech Savvy; high comfort level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must in addition to GoogleDocs.
- Familiarity with video editing programs Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premeire, as well as photo editing programs Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
- Works well independently and can be relied on to get the job done right.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent is required to have:
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found here.
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to: employment@la-Archdiocese.org.
Please submit the email with the following subject line: Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
Digital Media (Los Angeles)
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, California firstname.lastname@example.org