Notre Dame Academy Elementary School, in West Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced, innovative, and passionate Middle School Religion and Social Studies teacher for grades 5-8 willing to work hard to bring learning to life and collaborate with a highly qualified professional learning community in a supportive school environment. The teacher will plan and design curriculum maps, Understanding by Design Units based on the Common Core standards, and lessons that are engaging, deepen understanding and critical thinking, and integrated with technology. The Social Studies and Religion teacher will work collaboratively with the middle school team of teachers and partner with parents to communicate student successes and areas of growth. Faculty members model their Catholic faith in word and action, have a Growth Mindset, use their Habits of Mind, and are life-long learners. As such, faculty members are passionate about what they do, the students they teach and mentor, and the school community. NDA is an exciting, highly professional, and very engaging community to be a part of. We are committed to providing a diverse and equitable learning environment and workplace culture for black, indigenous, and people of color. Are you the next teacher to become an NDA Knight and a part of our family?
1. Minimum of 3 years teaching, preferably at the Middle School Level and preferably with experience teaching social studies or religion
2. California Teaching Credential
3. Experience with differentiation and engagement
4. Strong Classroom Management Skills
5. Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
6. Ability to be a learner, put in time to plan and collaborate after school
7. Ability to take on an adjunct duty
8. Technology skills (specifically on an iPad) and ability to integrate technology into the instructional experiences
9. Must be Catholic to teach religion classes
1. Masters degree
2. Training and Experience in Thinking Maps, Curriculum Mapping, and Understanding by Design, and Core Instructional Practices (CIP)
3. Active Catholic
Notre Dame Academy Elementary (Los Angeles)
2911 Overland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com