Full-Time, including benefits, i.e. medical, dental, vision, etc.
The Ministry Coordinator role involves renewal and formation of the ministries within the parish, pioneering new ministries, and outreach and welcome to those not active or connected with the parish. The goals of the position include fostering conversion and growth in discipleship among the faithful, developing a warm and welcoming community, animating and equipping all ministries to evangelize by witness, word, and action, as well as enhancing communication within and beyond the parish community.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge in Scripture, Catholic theology, Spirituality and Evangelization.
• Competent in visioning, applying appropriate methods and basic program development.
• Active Catholic able to participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
• Brings new ideas to ministry and adds value to existing programs.
Skills and Abilities
• People person with a giftedness in recruiting, working with, and managing lay volunteers.
• Ability to create an environment rich in hospitality for families and guests.
• Professional working attitude and collaborative approach.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Evangelization and Discipleship
• Coordinates or serves as resource to ministries of outreach, welcome and renewal.
• Mentors and supports Ministry Leaders and lay volunteers, including building and nurturing relationships by organizing community and fellowship events.
• Works with Pastor and Associate Pastor to help plan, coordinate, promote, and run parish and staff retreats at St. Louise.
Planning and Administration:
• Plans and implements strategies to reach active parishioners, inactive Catholics, and the unchurched in the community.
• Evaluates programs to determine strengths, areas for improvement, and future needs.
Communication and Public Relations:
• Creates, organizes, plans and implements effective communications messages and strategies for the parish.
• Collaborates with the Social Media Coordinator and bulletin editor to update content in the parish bulletin and website on a weekly basis and across social media platforms.
• Participates as an active member of the pastoral team.
• Acts as a resource person and initiates faith-building initiatives to promote and provide faith-building opportunities.
• Serves on Virtus/Safeguard the Children Committee; ensures all ministry volunteers are Virtus trained, fingerprinted and all certificates are up to date.
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology and/or Certificate as Master Catechist or equivalent.
• Three years in ministry at the Parish or Diocesan level.
• Ability to organize, work independently, set schedules, prioritize tasks, and work with other staff and/or volunteers in a team setting.
• Flexible schedule – ability to work evenings and weekends to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and FlockNote.
St. Louise de Marillac (Covina)
1720 East Covina Boulevard
Covina, CA email@example.com