Seeking an experienced part-time Middle School Writing Teacher. A successful candidate will have knowledge or familiarity with Lucky Calkins’ and TCRWP’s Writers Workshop, a program that has been implemented at St. Mark School.
Middle School teachers plan and collaborate regularly; each day, class begins with a morning meeting as all instructors have Responsive Classroom training. St. Mark is a growth-oriented school with a dynamic, fun, and highly professional staff. The students are enthusiastic learners and are highly motivated. Extensive professional development is a mainstay at St. Mark. The faculty at St. Mark is very collaborative and team focused. Instructors who are innovative, creative and focused on supporting students in meeting their educational goals will fit in well in this Catholic school setting.
– Prepare daily lesson plans aligned with standards and focused on supporting students in meeting their educational goals with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessments.
– Collaborate with the Middle School English/Language Arts Teacher.
– Integrate the use of technology into curriculum using resources made available by the school.
– Maintain a safe, joyful, and engaging classroom community through the Responsive Classroom approach.
– Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
– Participate in and contribute to the life of St. Mark School outside the classroom.
– Attend faculty and department meetings and perform supervision and additional duties as needed.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Teaching Credential or enrollment in a credential program
– Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to:
Theresa Harrington (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Practicing Catholic
– Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s program
St. Mark Elementary School (Venice)
912 Coeur d’Alene Avenue
Venice, California email@example.com