Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced science teacher starting in August 2023.
Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Augustinian Fathers, is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly-motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
Villanova Preparatory is seeking a Middle School Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year who brings passion and excitement to the classroom and is able to teach multiple subjects and levels.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Be able to plan effective lessons which engage and challenge students.
- Communicate consistently with students, parents, and school personnel.
- Keep current and complete grading and attendance records.
- Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic education.
- A California Single-Subject or Multiple Subject Credential
- Experience teaching middle school (Grades 6-8)
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Qualification and ability to teach in other subject areas.
- Experience with web-based learning and 1:1 iPad classroom settings.
- Experience teaching in a Catholic/Christian high school environment.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $85,500. The starting salary is based upon, but not limited to, several factors that include type and years of experience, education level, and expertise.
We offer a full benefits package that includes fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance for employees; employer contribution toward dependent insurance premiums; long-term and short-term disability insurance; and a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility rules apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a complete resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA email@example.com