The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the unique social-emotional development of middle school students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of CCSS; middle school Social Studies curriculum; instructional strategies, and classroom
management necessary for student success in middle school.
- Promote effective collaboration between staff and students, families and staff, and among the SMCES staff.
- Demonstrate an understanding of learning and teaching in a professional learning community; the ability to make
thoughtful, informed decisions; and the ability to teach in an environment that demands the integration of theory and
practice in a Catholic school environment.
The minimum requirements are:
- An undergraduate degree (BA, BS) from an accredited university or college.
- A California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, a California Single Subject Teaching Credential, or equivalent from
- 3 years of full-time teaching experience.
- Ability to join a professional community of educators committed to providing a challenging standards-based curriculum in a Catholic environment of service.
- Ability to use technology effectively through adaptive/assignable educational programs.
In addition to the above, the preferred requirements are:
- An advanced degree (MA, MS) in Education.
- Middle school teaching experience.
Please send: (1) a cover letter stating your interest in working as a teacher at Saint Monica Preparatory; (2) a complete
resume to Dr. Neil Quinly – email@example.com
Only complete applications will be considered.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Monica Preparatory – Lower School (formerly St. Monica Catholic Elementary School) (Santa Monica)
1039 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org