Saint Joseph School, located in the city of Hawthorne (near LAX), serves students in Transitional Kindergarten to Eighth Grade. Our community provides a rigorous the faith-filled Catholic education and form students to become committed Catholics, academic achievers, self-aware individuals, and globally aware citizens.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about education and is dedicated to ensuring that all students are progressing to join our team. This teacher position will begin in August for the 2023-2024 school year. Pay will be commensurate with teaching experience and education.
We are looking for candidates that possesses the following qualifications or qualities:
– Possesses a minimum Bachelor’s Degree; MA and teaching credential is preferred
– Experienced in working with middle school students in a classroom setting
– Is proficient in using technology and other online platforms
– Demonstrates effective classroom management
– Possesses a positive attitude, resiliency, and a desire for professional growth
– Is open to learn from students and colleagues and is collaborative
– Communicates clearly both verbally and written- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Joseph School (Hawthorne)
11886 Acacia Ave.
Hawthorne, CA email@example.com