Our Lady of the Rosary in Paramount is in the process of adding innovative rigorous and creative middle school programs. OLR is accepting applications for teachers in Language Art, Religion, and Social Studies.
The teacher is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment in a way that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of Our Lady of the Rosary School and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
•Strong Effective Classroom Management
Teach CCSS ELA/Humanities subjects.
• Organize and provide developmentally appropriate educational programs and instruction; plan and implement curriculum and differentiated instruction for students;
• Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, innovation, problem-solving, and the use of technology appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of students;
• Teach reading and writing using the Reader’s Workshop and Writer’s Workshop models;
• Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another; through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment;
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Contribute to the life of the School outside the classroom;
• Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties.
•Strong Effective technology integration into teaching
Learn more: www.olrcatholicschool.com
The ideal candidate lives his/her Catholic faith and has a credential and/or advanced degree in education, ELA, or related field. Has at least two years of teaching experience working at the middle school level. Has demonstrated excellence in education and educational technology integration. Must be a team-player who is friendly and professional and understand the dynamics and the expectations of a Catholic School.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume BY EMAIL ONLY
Vanessa Rivas, Principal
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, CA firstname.lastname@example.org