ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Our Mother of Good Counsel School, along with the Archdiocese of Los Angeles regulations, pertaining to school issues.
2. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
3. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals in the subject areas of Mathematics and Science (Grades 5-8).
4. Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
5. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis. This includes grading papers and giving the students immediate feedback.
6. Update Parent Communication Page, daily, with homework assignments and upcoming assessments.
7. Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents.
8. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education with valid teaching certificate
2. VIRTUS Certification
3. Fingerprinting through the ADLA
4. Follow ADLA and school protocols related to COVID-19 risk mitigation
Our Mother of Good Counsel School (Los Angeles)
4622 Ambrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com