St. James School in Torrance, CA, has an opening for an English/History Middle School Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Subjects include 6th, 7th & 8th grade English/ Writing curriculum in collaboration with a Literature teacher. Teacher would also teach one session each of Social Studies, Religion and Art. The ideal candidate enthusiastically supports the mission of the school; holds a California Teaching Credential; has excellent planning and organizational skills; is willing to be an example of good Catholic values; and is ready to create engaging lessons as we educate our students both academically and spiritually.
• Practicing Catholic
• CA teaching credential
• Classroom management skills.
• Knowledge of Google Classroom and skill in use of instructional technologies.
• Team player and willing to collaborate
• Ability to meet with students. families, teams after school as needed
• Fully committed, supportive and respectful of the mission of St. James School and Catholic education
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. James School (Torrance)
4625 Garnet Street
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org