Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced Middle School Director for the inaugural 2023-24 school year. After 98 years of offering a quality, well-rounded, faith-based college preparatory education, we have made the decision to expand our school to include grades six through eight to serve families seeking a similar educational experience to our high school.
Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Order of St. Augustine in California and is an International Baccalaureate school accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly-motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
The Duties of the Middle School Director are to:
1. Reflect the mission and philosophy of Villanova Preparatory School on campus and during outward-facing events.
2. Model professional and ethical behavior.
3. Establish a collaborative team that is focused on promoting academic excellence for all.
4. Develop and oversee a well-rounded, rigorous curriculum that incorporates relevant skills, meets or exceeds current academic standards, and is rooted in the Gospel values.
5. Direct the timely review of the curriculum, classroom instruction, and assessments.
6. Maintain clear, effective, and timely communication with stakeholders (students, teachers, staff, administrators, parents, Board, etc.)
7. Understand the content and skill development within the middle school program and the ability to articulate this to stakeholders.
8. Ensure school community participation in daily prayer and school liturgies
Conduct and document an annual evaluation of the teachers and staff members of the Middle School.
9. Understand a variety of educational and pedagogical skills.
10. Guide and support the long-term professional development of all staff.
11. Collaborate with appropriate staff members to make decisions in a timely manner.
12. Manage conflicts and student discipline.
13. Represent Villanova Preparatory School at professional meetings.
14. Attend regional, Archdiocesan, Augustinian, and other necessary meetings.
15. Ensures the area of the middle school is safe, clean, efficient, and well-maintained.
16. Exhibit flexibility in the day-to-day school environment.
17. Collaborate with the Office of Admission for the purpose of increasing student enrollment.
18. Collaborate with the Office of Alumni and Development to increase funding for the middle school.
19. Prepare and recommend an annual budget for the Middle School in a timely manner.
20. Submit regular reports to the Headmaster and the Board of Directors.
21. Organize and coordinate events that welcome incoming middle school students.
22. Assume other reasonable duties assigned by the Headmaster.
The ideal candidate:
1. is a practicing Catholic with a general knowledge of the Catholic faith.
will have more than three years in educational leadership in a public, private, or Catholic elementary or middle school setting.
2. is a team player who will work collaboratively with the Administration and between different departments in the school.
3. values, supports, and promotes the Catholic Augustinian heritage of Villanova Prep.
is professional, organized, positive, honest, and self-motivated.
4. has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. is able to manage the beginning stages of the creation of a middle school.
6. is flexible and willing to make adjustments to improve and enhance the middle school program.
7. is a leader and able to encourage, develop, motivate and support teachers and staff.
8. is creative and willing to introduce new experiences in the educational environment.
9. is proficient and comfortable with using technology.
10. has an advanced degree in a related area.
Master’s degree in Education or an education-related field.
A California Teaching or Administrative Services Credential.
Minimum of three years of educational leadership.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $85,000. The starting salary is based upon, but not limited to, several factors that include type and years of experience, education level, and expertise.
We offer a full benefits package that includes fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees; employer contribution toward dependent insurance premiums; long-term and short-term disability insurance; and a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility rules apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a complete resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA firstname.lastname@example.org