Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced counselor starting in August 2023.
Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Augustinian Fathers, is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly-motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
Villanova Preparatory is seeking a Middle School Counselor for the 2023-2024 school year who brings passion and excitement.
The Middle School Counselor will be based on the Middle School Campus (grades 6-8) and be responsible to the Headmaster of the High School and the Middle School Director.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with students, families, teachers, and administrators to apply effective, research-based intervention strategies, including strategies that develop student self-advocacy, agency, and efficacy.
- Collaborate with school members and administration to evaluate, monitor, and update counseling practices and programs under the guidance of the Middle School Director.
- Counseling – providing professional assistance and support provided to a student or small group of students during times of transition, heightened stress, critical change, or other situations impeding student success.
- Consulting with teachers about classroom connections, effective classroom management, and the role of noncognitive factors in student success
- Consulting with the school administrators to identify and resolve student issues, needs, and problems
- Intervening with students who are chronically tardy or absent or who may have disciplinary problems
- Enjoys working with middle-school-aged students.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A Pupil Personnel Services (PPS), Credential in School Counseling or School Psychology, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or related advanced degrees or certificates is preferred.
- Prior teaching and/or school counseling experience with secondary students (particularly middle school students), especially in a Catholic educational setting, is preferred; however, relevant experience in the field is also strongly considered.
- A strong candidate has knowledge and experience serving students with learning disabilities who benefit from educational interventions and/or accommodations as described in IEPs, 504 Plans, STEP Plans, and evaluations from educational psychologists.
- Proficiency using technology, Google Apps for Education, Microsoft 365, and Rediker
The hourly salary range for this position is $30.00-38.00/Hour. The starting salary is based upon, but not limited to, several factors that include type and years of experience, education level, and expertise.
We offer a full benefits package that includes fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees; employer contribution toward dependent insurance premiums; long-term and short-term disability insurance; and a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility rules apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a complete resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA email@example.com