Our Lady of Perpetual Help, a dual-language immersion Catholic school, is seeking dynamic bilingual Spanish/English teacher to teach 6th grade social studies in Spanish, as well as 7th and 8th grade social studies in English in our 50/50 dual language program.
Candidates should have a demonstrated record of success working with elementary or middle school students and be a team player, as the teacher will need to work closely with the 6th-8th Spanish and English teachers. Passion for curriculum development and assessment is a must.
The well-organized, highly energetic, and deeply caring educator will be expected to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate yet rigorous academic curriculum in line with the Common Core and Archdiocesan standards. Importantly, this position demands an educator who is skilled in differentiation, can clearly articulate and hold high expectations for all, and whose classroom management is impeccable. The bilingual teacher will be expected to:
- Teach grade level content (Spanish social studies and English social studies) in Spanish
- Structure activities in the classroom to encourage students to engage in both language input and output, to facilitate oral language production and comprehension.
- Avoid any use of translation to facilitate comprehension; rather, the teacher shall use context clues, manipulatives, visuals, and student-centered instruction to facilitate comprehension.
- BA required.
- Candidates with a teaching credential and/or Masters in Education preferred.
The most competitive candidates will possess the following:
- ESL/Bilingual endorsement
- Experience teaching in a dual immersion program
- Understanding of dual immersion programming and research
If you see yourself as an ambassador for dual language learning in a Catholic setting, and are enthusiastic about culturally responsive, global education, please apply today. Please send a cover letter explaining your particular interest and suitability for this position as well as a resume to Principal Jessica Reddick at email@example.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help School (Downey)
1441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA firstname.lastname@example.org