Santa Clara High School is Catholic co-ed high schools in Oxnard California. The school believes that students from all faiths and backgrounds deserve an academically challenging and spiritually enriching Catholic college preparatory education that forms them to become Socially Responsible, Academically Sound, Innovative, Nourished Spiritually, Team players, Responsible Citizens and Leaders.
Candidates should be team players and able to collaborate easily with colleagues. Strong organizational and class management skills needed as well as the ability to communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders including parents, other colleagues, and students. Must be familiar with Common Core Standards for full-time position for Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus—College-preparatory and AP Calculus.
• Instructs Mathematics content and skills using a student-centered approach guided by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
• Instructs students in basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers.
• Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students.
• Evaluates each student’s progress in Math skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments.
• Collaborates with colleagues within the Math Department (as well as colleagues in other academic departments) on curriculum and pedagogy.
• Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
• Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
• Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
• Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress.
• Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
• Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners.
• Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
• Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees.
• Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably with a major in Mathematics or a related field),
• Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a comprehensive high school setting and two years of minimum experience in teaching AP Calculus.
Teaching Credential and/or Masters is preferred.
Please send your resume and statement letter to Principal J. Guzman at email@example.com
Santa Clara High School (Oxnard)
2121 S. Saviers Rd
Oxnard, CA firstname.lastname@example.org