Santa Clara High School seeks talented faculty member who will put our students first and strive to educate the entire person and make a difference in their lives. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty who thrive to be engaged participants in our academic community. Opportunities for growth, advancement and professional development are available throughout the school year and offered to staff as the schools commitment to long term investment.
We seek a dynamic and talented teacher who enjoys secondary education and who can teach a variety of mathematics courses, ranging from Algebra to Calculus. An ability to teach AP level courses is a plus. The ideal teacher will create a rich learning environment combining rigorous standards and positive relationships with an explicit emphasis on the relevance of the material to life, career and critical thinking skills. The teacher will have the ability to work collaboratively with other math teachers and employ differentiated instructional methods in developing and delivering effective lessons to a diverse group of learners.
• Duties and responsibilities include:
• Lesson plans for course on file
• Preparation and implementation of daily lessons
• Delivery of assignments and timely evaluation of all relevant class work and student progress
• Design and implementation of appropriate, authentic assessments and support of individual student learning styles
• Timely and proactive communication with parents about student progress
Collaboration with other members of faculty, administration, and staff on experiential, interdisciplinary and community-based opportunities that add to the school community
• Willingness to adapt and change instructional approaches based on peer and supervisory suggestions and recommendations
• Participation in school sponsored curricular and extra-curricular Catholic activities on and off campus
• Effective and timely communication with varied school constituencies in person, and through various electronic forms of communication
• Support for divisional and school-wide initiatives through committee work, where appropriate
• Supervision and/or participation in non-academic activities, including lunch and study hall as appropriate
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics or a related field. Minimum of three years teaching experience preferred; however, candidates with less experience may be considered depending on background. The successful candidate will also possess a positive attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. Ability to lead one or more co-curricular activities is desirable.
Santa Clara High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated accomplishments and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school and curricular philosophy at www.santaclarahighschool.com.
First year applications without certification will be considered. To apply for the position please provide the following as follows:
3.Copy of Transcript
4.Letters of Recommendation (2 -3)
Attn: Mr. Juan Guzman — Principal
Santa Clara High School
2121 Saviers rd
Oxnard CA, 93033
Santa Clara High School (Oxnard)
2121 S. Saviers Rd
Oxnard, CA email@example.com