Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, has been located on a beautiful hillside property in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, since our founding by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in 1906. We continue to attract very talented and highly motivated young women who represent the religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of the City of Los Angeles and its suburbs. Our students are immersed in an exciting and challenging curriculum that inspires a love of learning while demanding the focus and self-discipline necessary for success in college and beyond. Complementing the academic program, we offer a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to help students to explore their interests and to tap into their special gifts and talents.
We seek an experienced Math Teacher who is a passionate educator and open to collaborating on departmental and interdisciplinary levels. This is a full-time position and calls for an instructor who will be responsible for teaching multiple levels of math, ranging from Algebra I to AP Calculus. Classes occur in a rotating block schedule.
The Ideal Candidate:
• is an experienced teacher of Math and can teach multiple levels through AP.
• relies on frequent and varied assessment methods to gauge student progress and provide feedback.
• enjoys the freedom and support to develop innovative teaching strategies.
• is willing to collaborate with other teachers within and beyond the department in our professional learning community.
• is sensitive to an academically, socially, culturally, and ethnically diverse, all-girl population.
• is comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment.
• is excellent classroom management, communication, and organization skills.
• is able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way.
• Prior high school Math teaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Master’s degree is a plus
• CA Single Subject Teaching Credential
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the
4. Official Transcripts
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org