Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a full-time, exempt/classified administrative position that works closely with the president, principal, advancement office, admissions office, administration, faculty, and staff. The Marketing and Communications Manager plays a vital role in telling the story and promoting the Holy Cross mission of Notre Dame High School.
There are six primary areas of responsibility:
1) Providing regular and effective communication to the various constituencies of the Notre Dame community.
2) Supporting school fundraising appeals and events.
3) Promoting Notre Dame admissions to prospective families.
4) Collaborating with and directing the Digital Communications Manager to manage the school’s website and social media.
5) Ensuring a consistent voice, look, style, and branding to school communication.
6) Supporting school-wide public relations.
This position requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in communication-related technology, the ability to collaborate with various school personnel, and excellent organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Oversee external school digital and print communications, articulating clear messaging and consistency of brand.
• Collaborate in the creation and implementation of an annual communications, marketing, promotion, advertising, and media plan.
• Works with the Principal’s office to coordinate monthly parent newsletters, and other important emails, mailings, and calls as needed.
• Manage production of major print communications projects, to include overseeing and creating content, design, layout, printing, and mailing (in conjunction with outside vendors as appropriate). This includes, but is not limited to:
o Knight Letter magazine (two issues per year)
o Segmented Annual Appeal and several follow-up mailings
o Admissions marketing materials
o Fundraising event invitations/announcements
o IKB Newsletter (three issues per year)
o Alumni event mailings
o Neighborhood News mailing
o Planned giving mailing
o Graduation program
• Produce and distribute monthly NDHS News Briefs (e-newsletter).
• Manage Advancement Office fundraising communication for annual giving, planned giving, and other appeals.
• Work with Advancement Office to promote and support fundraising and alumni events.
• Work with Admissions Office to produce marketing materials and advertisements to promote enrollment.
• Work with the Athletic Department to communicate sports information.
• Create brochures, event programs, invitations, advertisements, etc. for various programs, events, and other activities as needed.
• Collaborate with and direct the Digital Communications Manager to provide content and advertising/promotions for the school website and social media.
• Compile analytics to measure the effectiveness of digital and print communication efforts.
• Oversee school-wide branding to ensure consistency of voice, look, and style, in all public communication, including student communications such as the yearbook, The Knight magazine, NDTV, etc.
• Manage an archive of school photos and official logos.
• Serve as a resource for school-wide public relations, including emergency and crisis communication.
• Write and distribute press releases as needed, maintaining relationships with representatives from local media outlets.
• Field inquiries from media outlets and represent Notre Dame to the media or recommend the best person to represent the school based on the circumstances.
• An appreciation for and understanding of Notre Dame’s mission as a Holy Cross, Catholic, college preparatory school.
• Able to represent NDHS professionally and appropriately.
• Exceptional writing and verbal skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Experienced in effective use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Skilled in communication-related technology, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically publishing (Adobe InDesign), photo and image editing (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator), and also Google G Suite and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Online Express is a plus.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Open to collaboration and constructive criticism.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Comfortable in supporting and promoting the Catholic, Holy Cross mission of Notre Dame High School.
• Bachelor’s degree and previous professional experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Institutional Advancement, Marketing, or related field.
• Work experience in an educational setting, particularly a Catholic school, is a plus.
• Fingerprint (Live Scan) and criminal background clearance.
• National Catholic Risk Retention Group VIRTUS Program Training.
• Valid driver’s license and occasional use of personal, insured vehicle for school purposes.
• Lifting and carrying light weight equipment or boxes (10-25 lbs.); walking to various campus locations.
• Sitting, operation of computers for lengthy periods of time.
• Occasional night and weekend events.
• Possible travel for seminars, workshops, continuing education, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Passing a background check of driving and criminal history is required. All adults working in a school environment within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles must be fingerprinted via Live Scan and be VIRTUS certified.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Drive
Sherman Oaks, CAklee@ndhs.org