Full Time Non-Exempt Position
St. Mary’s Academy seeks a dynamic, innovative and experienced tech-savvy Marketing & Advancement Associate. St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory high school for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, that shapes women of distinction who are committed to lifelong learning and service to the “dear neighbor”.
Summary: The Marketing & Advancement Associate reports to the Director of Advancement. You will serve as the liaison to our Marketing Partners working to implement SMA’s marketing strategy to achieve enrollment and retention goals for admissions, community outreach and fundraising. For this position, you should be able to think creatively, keep up with cutting-edge digital marketing strategies, and comfortable working independently and/or collaboratively with a team. Additionally, you should be able to manage multiple projects from a variety of departments. In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, effectively communicate (in print and social media venues) and connect St. Mary’s Academy with the past, present and future students and families, as well as, prospective and current donors, and other stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities include:
● In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, develop, update, and implement Marketing Strategic Plan to include print, online, and social media marketing strategies.
● Maintain consistent, ongoing communications to build strong relationships with a wide range of key constituencies, including current and past parents and grandparents, prospective students and families, feeder school administrators and families, school faculty and staff, Board of Trustees, donors and alumnae.
● Works with the Director of Advancement to produce the ECHO Magazine, and all collateral assets fundraising campaigns, annual appeals, including donor proposals, impact reports, and cultivation videos, etc.
● Conducts qualitative and quantitative market research studies including, but not limited to: demographic studies, assessment of constituents’ knowledge and perception of the school among current, past and prospective families and feeder schools
● Ensures use of key messaging, value statements and branding in all school communications, including publications, recruitment materials and media
● Serves as staff liaison to the SMA Public Relations Committee, working with the Director of Advancement.
● Ensures that all communications from the school are accurate, consistent with our key messaging and reflect our core values
● As needed, creates background and position statements for the school by interviewing faculty, Board and admin, and by reviewing core strategic and planning documents
● Other Marketing & Advancement responsibilities, as assigned by Director of Advancement
Qualifications: Successful work experience as a print and digital Marketing Professional. Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns. Solid understanding of web analytics tools like Google Analytics. Experience with online marketing tools and practices. Familiarity with web design and HTML. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical and project management skills. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant field. Prior experience working for an independent school preferred, but not essential.
● Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English
● Strong storytelling (written and visual) and editing skills
● Experience in creating social media content and coordination of content to support strategic goals
● Skills in print and web-based technologies (content management system, social media platforms, Canva, Google Drive/Docs, Adobe Suite, presentation software, video editing, etc.) preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
● Ability to support, edit, and produce video and photography needs (use of cameras, video camcorders, smartphones, tablets, audio equipment, create slideshows, edit videos, etc.)
● High attention to detail and strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and project manage
● Can work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and must be able to adapt to changing priorities, demands, and new technologies
● Must have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
St. Mary’s Academy offers a competitive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy through email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
● Resume outlining qualifications and related background
● Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy
● Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, females, disabled and qualified veterans to apply. SMA evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA email@example.com