The Manager of Marketing and Communications has primary responsibility for the creation of a mission-driven strategic plan and its implementation strategies for the communications, marketing, and branding of Notre Dame Academy Schools of Los Angeles in order to attract applicants to meet admissions goals, engage current and past students and parents, and support development activities by the school across all print, broadcast, and digital media. The person must be a self-starter and storyteller, committed to the school’s mission. The Manager works and collaborates with school leadership and the NDASLA Advancement team.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for marketing communications to reach external and internal audiences, including current and prospective families, alumnae, and community;
• Collaborate with admissions and advancement to develop annual marketing plans and coordinate production schedules for a TK-12 school;
• Drive overall digital/web marketing efforts including paid search, SEO, digital advertising, social media, and email marketing;
• Coordinate creation and dissemination of printed publications for the schools, administration, advancement, and admissions;
• Manage all social media posts, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.;
• Coordinate photography and videography;
• Oversee website administration for both schools by working with the IT team, faculty, and vendors to reflect effective and current content, photos and videos;
• Maintain and strengthen the school’s overall brands by enforcing established style guides;
• Provide event support for admissions and advancement;
• Manage marketing budget;
• Model the values of and support the teachings of the Catholic Church;
• Support building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, faculty and staff;
• Other duties as assigned.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other functions as assigned or requested to support the NDASLA mission.
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing “Marketing & Communications” in the subject line of your email.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and relationship building and that motivate staff to set and achieve goals with demonstrated results;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong editorial and proofreading skills;
• Strong analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills;
• Able to provide big picture, strategic thinking, vision and insights to drive big ideas and initiatives while also able to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and clarity;
• Willing to work non-traditional hours with possible evening and weekend meetings/activities;
• Passion for and understanding of Catholic education and the mission and philosophy of Notre Dame Academy Schools of Los Angeles;
• Able to manage multiple priorities and establish an efficient, flexible schedule to achieve operational goals;
• Strong project management experience;
• Able to change course as necessary, respond to opportunity and stay focused on priorities;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe, web design, social media platforms, online marketing modalities, search engine optimization; other mobile applications; and willing to expand technological skills as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field of study such as marketing or communications, or the equivalent work related experience in branding, marketing, public relations and social media
Notre Dame Academy Girls’ High School (West LA) (Los Angeles)
2851 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com