Bishop Garcia Diego High School seeks a Maintenance Supervisor member to ensure that the facilities of Bishop Garcia Diego High School are in good repair and working order with the assistance of appropriate school personnel, parents and contracted services. We seek a team player who can be flexible to work different schedules when needed and can be cross-trained in all areas of facilities management in order to be of highest service to the school.
Employee shall perform all duties within the scope of work as Maintenance Supervisor including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Take overall responsibility for daily maintenance of the campus facilities in a clean and safe condition with an awareness of the use of the facilities by students, teachers, members of the school community and third parties.
2. Conduct frequent inspection of the campus facilities, including athletic fields and facilities, classrooms, common areas, parking lots and the like with immediate correction of any unsafe condition observed
3. Oversight and direction of all maintenance staff to ensure safe and clean conditions of campus including daily trash pick-up, disinfecting of classrooms, bathrooms, administration building/offices and athletic facilities (gyms, locker rooms).
4. Maintain records reflecting daily cleaning and maintenance of campus facilities
5. Coordinate with local governmental officials (health department, fire department etc.) and maintain records of inspections and, if required, any corrective actions taken with respect to directions from said officials
6. Communicate with and direct, as required, landscapers with respect to grounds and field upkeep, watering, seasonal/annual seeding/aerating etc. As part of this responsibility, employee shall communicate with the Athletic Director and/or designated administrator re the schedule and priorities for landscaping work
7. Take initiative to identify projects and facility improvements necessary to maintain and enhance the appearance, safety and effective operation of the facility. Employee shall create and maintain a record of identified projects and completed projects (including dates of commencement and completion of projects) and coordinate with the Vice Principal to identify the priority and implementation of said projects.
8. Promptly complete tasks as assigned by Administrators and, as necessary, direct and work with maintenance staff to ensure completion within time deadlines given or, if no deadline, within reasonable time frames.
9. Communicate and coordinate with third party contractors as necessary to respond to and complete projects, inspections, and/or licensed work on campus when such work is beyond the expertise or time availability of employee or maintenance staff. This includes securing bids, quotes, and scope of work when necessary to ensure cost effective completion of work. Employee shall communicate with the assigned Administrator for authorization of such work prior to commencement. Maintain written records of utilization of all third party contractors working on campus.
10. Maintain a written safety plan for the Maintenance department including, but not limited to, records of training of maintenance staff with respect to appropriate and safe completion of tasks assigned. Ensure that maintenance department members acknowledge the date of said training and their understanding of expectations in writing.
11. Assist school Administrators with respect to the school wide safety plan including leading training of faculty and staff with respect to emergency shut-off locations, use of fire extinguishers, and other safety procedures as requested.
12. Ensure the opening and closing of the campus on a daily basis during the week as well as closure of the campus for the weekend. This includes ensuring classrooms and buildings are opened on school days by 7:00 a.m and all are locked and secured (windows closed), and buildings are alarmed by 10:00 p.m.
13. Maintain an adequate supply of inventory required for maintenance of the campus facilities — (i.e. tissues, wipes, disinfectants, trash bags, etc)
14. Create an annual and quarterly budget for maintenance department anticipated expenditures (salaries excepted) including anticipated costs for non-routine projects or work required. Said budget(s) shall be shared with the school President, Principal and Vice-Principal.
15. By March 15 of each school year, provide the Administration a list of recommended/anticipated projects for the summer with cost estimates for the work.
16. Create and maintain employee work schedules for members of the maintenance staff and ensure adjustment of schedules when necessary to accommodate and ensure coverage of on campus events
17. Maintain the security of the campus including monitoring and distribution of alarm codes, keys, and access to on-campus facilities
18. Demonstrate initiative in identifying, performing and completing tasks of the maintenance supervisor position without direction or oversight
Work Schedule – Maintenance Supervisor is a full time, exempt, salaried position. As such, Employee is expected to work a minimum of 8 hours per day (excluding lunch) and maintain a weekday work schedule of 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with adjustments as approved by supervising Administrator. Additionally, as an exempt, salaried employee, Employee is expected to work hours beyond those stated above, including weekends and evenings, as needed to a) set up, take down and/or cover on-campus events, b) complete projects within deadlines identified, and c) in the event of emergencies or unanticipated events requiring facility maintenance/cleaning on campus.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated accomplishments and comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Contact Tim Flanagan, Principal, via email at email@example.com or send a resume with cover letter to:
Attn: Mr. Tim Flanagan
Bishop Garcia Diego High School
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Bishop Garcia Diego High School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Bishop Garcia Diego High School (Santa Barbara)
4000 La Colina Road
Santa Barbara, CA firstname.lastname@example.org