Maintenance Guy will take care of the Church property which includes the Church/Rectory/Hall but not limited to the upkeep of the buildings and grounds.
• Coordinates with the Pastor and completes set ups for Events on Church grounds
• Keeps buildings and restrooms neat, clean, free from clutter and safe
• Pick up trash, sweep, mop, vacuum, using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, clean and stock bathrooms, make sure buildings are secure, windows are cleaned and minor building maintenance and repairs are done
• Ensure doors and gates are locked after Mass or office/work hours.
• Notify the Pastor of major repairs that need to be completed
• Restock supplies for the Church, and inform the Pastor of items or necessities that need to purchased for parish use
• Collect and dispose trash
• Be present and available to assist or monitor Contractors working in or on our property
• Assist in parish activities or events when needed
• Repair and/or replace broken locks or Welding fences when needed
• Replace broken or defective appliances and electrical equipment such as sockets, bulbs, switches, receptacles, lamp sockets, lamp covers, fluorescent tubes, ballasts and cover plates
• Repair extension cords and replace plugs and appliance cords
• Maintain plumbing equipment such as flush valves, faucets and sprinkler heads
• Clear fixture stoppages, storm drain receptacles and rain gutters
• Complete basic installation of shelving and cabinets
• Repair and paint benches and tables
• General lawn care especially in the rectory
• Replace loose or missing ceiling and floor tiles
• Perform minor painting tasks inside and outside buildings
• Perform routine and minor repairs
• Make minor concrete repairs
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Repair holes in dry wall
• Assist in the office or School when needed for repairs but with the permission of the Pastor.
. Set up the seats for our outdoor Masses during the weekend if needed during the pandemic.
An experienced handy and hardworking person who can perform the activities listed in the job description and who listens well and follows instructions.
St. Anselm’s Church (Los Angeles)
2222 W. 70th Street
Los Angeles, California email@example.com