1. Assures the church and other parish buildings are maintained clean and orderly. Accomplishes this by mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning bathrooms, and washing windows. It also supports wood furniture that requires oiling and maintenance.
2. Assures the grounds are maintained cleanly and safely, parking lots, and rectories.
3. Performs minor maintenance & electrical work at the rectories, church, and other church buildings. Accomplishes this by doing light carpentry and minor repair work on the facilities as needed.
4. Provides other general assistance as needed for regular and special events through setting up chairs, and tables in facilities as requested, hauling and moving items, and picking up parts or other equipment as requested by staff.
5. Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage.
6. Maintains an inventory of lighting and cleaning supplies and orders as requested.
7. Small electrical repairs
1. Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community. (Sometimes this requirement may be satisfied by a person who has knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church)
2. Successful work experience in minor repair work in carpentry, painting, and maintaining buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
3. Successful work experience implementing a comprehensive cleaning plan for a facility, including sweeping, dusting, and washing waxing.
4. Able to lift 50 pounds
5. Able to honor and maintain confidentiality
6. Ability to provide own transportation for job-related responsibilities, Valid California state driver’s license
7. On-call availability
St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church (Santa Clarita)
19606 Calla Way
Santa Clarita, CA email@example.com