The TK/K Multi-age classroom teacher provides instruction and guidance in academic, social, and behavioral skills while nurturing their developmental and manipulative abilities. They will thoughtfully plan, develop, organize, and deliver a comprehensive educational program tailored toTK/K students. Holy Redeemer – St. James school in La Crescenta is grounded in Catholic faith, fosters a collaborative and inspiring environment among teachers, ensuring the well-being of all students. This position requires an average of 8 hours per day with some extended hours for school events such as spring musical etc. The position is currently open for placement.
1. Instructional Planning: Develop and implement lesson plans that align with the school’s curriculum and educational standards, fostering a positive and engaging learning environment.
2. Classroom Management: Establish and maintain a positive and inclusive classroom culture, managing student behavior effectively while promoting a love for learning.
3. Assessment and Progress Monitoring: Conduct ongoing assessments to track student progress and adjust teaching strategies accordingly. Provide timely and constructive feedback to students and parents.
4. Collaboration: Work collaboratively with grade-level colleagues, support staff, and parents to create a supportive and enriching educational experience for students. Manage and provide direction to educational coaches who assist with TK/K instruction.
*The Long-Term substitute position does not qualify for employee benefits
Education & Background:
• Possession of a Baccalaureate or higher degree with an emphasis in elementary education, instructional technology, a subject-matter field commonly taught in elementary grades, or a closely related field.
• Successful completion of Background Check (Fingerprinting through ADLA) and current VIRTUS certification.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
• Teaching or Subbing experience in an elementary school.
Please submit your current resume and two letters of recommendation via email to Dr. John Wick at Jwick@hrsjs.org
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Holy Redeemer – St. James School (La Crescenta)
4635 Dunsmore Avenue
La Crescenta, CA email@example.com