Immaculate Conception STEM Academy is seeking a long term substitute STEM teacher for grades 3 – 5. The position would begin in November 2021. An ideal candidate has the following qualities:
– Holds positive beliefs about STEM learning
– Strong STEM discipline content knowledge to include Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
– Understanding of the Engineering Design Process.
– Have deep, specific content knowledge and an understanding of best practices in STEM instruction to effectively support students and engage with other STEM teachers.
– Be willing to increase their content knowledge as necessary.
– Broad understanding of STEM education research and STEM best practices.
– Capacity to integrate STEM disciplines with each other, including non-STEM disciplines
– Capacity to develop STEM curricula/learning activities
– Strong collaboration skills
– Capacity to engage students in STEM concepts, meaningful research, and knowledge acquisition.
– Strong classroom management skills
– Ability to act as a learning facilitator, fostering discovery as part of the learning process.
– Adopt a data-driven attitude towards measuring learner’s progress. Ability to monitor student growth to identify strengths and areas for improvement
– Able to attend to individual student needs.
– Proficient with basic computer software and student digital learning platforms
– Current teaching credential
– Bachelor’s degree
– Master’s Degree in Education or a related field is preferred
– Experience teaching at the elementary level is preferred
– Knowledge of the Catholic Church and faith
Immaculate Conception STEM Academy (Monrovia)
726 S. Shamrock Ave
Monrovia, California firstname.lastname@example.org