St. Mary’s Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced long term substitute for the 2021-2022 school year. St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory high school for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, that shapes women of distinction who are committed to lifelong learning and service to the “dear neighbor”. We are looking for a teacher willing to do long term substitution in the following areas from now until mid March 2022:
1. Human Body Systems (Project Lead the Way curriculum)
2. Principles of Biomedical Science (Project Lead the Way curriculum)
3. Health Care Ethics & Cultural Competence in Health Care
All courses will be provided with curriculum maps, assessments, and class activities. In addition to teaching the following courses, this substitute will also teach a support block period that focuses on supporting seniors through the college application process and be available to help with subbing needs for the school once a week. Outside classroom responsibilities include supervising virtual field trips and stepping in as the moderator for the Health and Wellness club.
● Experience teaching in a school setting, especially in the area of science.
● A Masters’ degree/teaching credential (preferred).
● Interest in and demonstrated skill working with adolescents.
● The interest, initiative, and energy to thrive in a lively and fast-paced academic community.
● The ability to work as part of a team and as an integral part of the faculty.
● A commitment to an inclusive Catholic community in service to others.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy, 701 Grace Avenue, Inglewood, CA 90301 or through email to Lynna Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org:
● Resume outlining qualifications and related background
● Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy
● Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA email@example.com