Long-term Substitute (Maternity Leave) for five sections of US History
Approximate dates: March 2- June 5, 2020
· Candidates must have previous experience teaching high school history of related field.
· Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in history or a related field
· Candidates must be knowledgeable, sensitive, and inclusive of all cultures, in particular those served by Verbum Dei and of the local community.
· Candidates must have a passion for the teaching profession and working with young people.
· Masters degree and/or California Teaching Credential
· Previous experience teaching history in an urban environment
· Mission-oriented to provide a quality education in a Catholic setting
Additional Duties: Additional duties include weekly yard duty, proctoring, study hall monitoring, after-school tutoring and substitute teaching. All Verbum Dei teachers need to feel comfortable with, and actively participate in, the spiritual and co-curricular aspects of the school.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Ms. Maria McDonald, Dean of Academics firstname.lastname@example.org
Verbum Dei High School ()
11100 S Central Ave
, CA email@example.com