St. Bernard High School is considering applications for a long-term High School English Teacher for the 2022/2023 academic year. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the content areas and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies. The candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing a curriculum to meet all learners’ needs. This position is for Honors English 9, English 9, and Phycology for seniors. The candidate will also effectively collaborate with colleagues to integrate the English department goals and the school mission.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Foster a safe and nurturing learning environment
• Build professional knowledge
• Organize classroom systems/procedures and manage student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged in learning
• Establish an environment where students are excited about learning and preparing for college
• Develop lesson plans according to the California state standards
• Prepare lesson plans for substitutes
• Communicate with parents/guardians
• Detail-oriented when tracking students’ grades, attendance, etc.
• Work with the Principal and Assistant Principal to ensure teaching methods are directed towards meeting and surpassing the standards
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of diversity in society, including diverse abilities, culture, language, ethnicity, and gender orientation
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Regular attendance, dependability, and punctuality in conformance with the standards are essential to the successful performance of this position
Bachelor’s degree or higher
At least 1 year of classroom experience
Master’s Degree in English/English Literature/Creative Writing
Credential: General Secondary or Single Subject.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Bernard High School (Playa del Rey)
9100 Falmouth Ave
Playa del Rey, CA firstname.lastname@example.org