Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks an experienced Long-Term Substitute Computer Science Teacher for Fall 2022. Applicants should be familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school.
The position would include teaching 1-2 sections of Introduction to Computer Science, which is a 10 credit course. The teacher will be expected to post all assignments, assessments, and grades in the school LMS in a timely manner. The curriculum and pacing plan is very specific and clear to support an experienced CS teacher in the classroom.
• Bachelor’s degree – preferable in computer science
• Prior high school teaching experience
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information of three professional references
• A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young girls
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com