The teacher will teach and instruct pupils in 4th Grade in academic, social, behavioral, and manipulative skills; plan, develop, organize, and conduct a comprehensive educational program for the fourth grade. We are a faith-filled Catholic school where teachers collaborate and work together to inspire all students in a caring environment. This position is typically 8 hours per day and will begin in early December 2023 and is scheduled to end March 29, 2024.
- Provide learning experience in such areas as language arts, social studies, literacy, arithmetic, science, and religion;
- Utilizes an adopted course of study, program outlines, and other materials in developing lesson planning;
- Utilize a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing pupils, including subject matter instruction, demonstrations, and activity participation projects, utilizing a variety of educational equipment, materials, technology, and learning aids;
- Prepare, develop and use a variety of instructional materials appropriate for verbal and visual instruction of pupils with a wide range of intellectual, physical, and emotional maturity;
- Review, analyze and evaluate the history and background of pupils in designing an educational program to meet specific individual needs;
- Provide individual and group instruction designed to enhance the pupils’ mental, social and emotional growth;
- Establish standards for student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques, including behavior modification, reinforcement, and other positive behavior shaping processes;
- Review, analyze and evaluate the academic and social growth of pupils, and record appropriate analysis and perceptions;
- May prepare, administer, score and record criterion referenced and standardized test used in evaluating pupil progress;
- Counsel, confer and communicate with parents regarding pupil progress and in the interpretation of the educational program;
- Work with school and office personnel in assessing pupil needs, and in the development of alternative solutions to individual educational planning;
- Plan, create and maintain an effective learning environment through the utilization of functional and aesthetically attractive displays, bulletin boards, and learning and activity centers;
- Principles, theories, methods, techniques and strategies pertaining to teaching and instruction of early childhood education pupils;
- Child growth and development principles and theories;
- Educational, curriculum, and instructional goals and objectives, and the educational trends and research findings pertaining to a Kindergarten education program;
- Behavior management and behavior shaping strategies, techniques and methods, conflict resolution procedures, educational materials, supplies, equipment and learning aids used in a fourth grade program.
- Plan, organize, develop, and conduct a comprehensive teaching and instruction program for fourth grade pupils;
- Provide effective learning experiences for pupils from a wide range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and with varying mental, social and emotional maturity levels;
- Effectively assess the educational needs of pupils, and design and develop individual remediation and educational plans;
- Provide a warm, attractive, inviting and stimulating learning environment;
- Provide a Catholic education to our learners.
Education & Background:
• Possession of a Baccalaureate or higher degree with emphasis in elementary education, instructional technology, a subject-matter field commonly taught in elementary grades, or closely related field.
• Successful completion of Background Check (Fingerprinting through ADLA) and current VIRTUS certification.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
• Teaching or Subbing experience in an elementary school.
Please submit your current resume and two letters of recommendation via email to: HR@abvmpasadena.org
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Assumption BVM School (Pasadena) (Pasadena)
2660 East Orange Grove Blvd.
Pasadena, CA email@example.com