St. Francis of Assisi School is a tight-knit small learning community that is seeking a dynamic and passionate educator. We are seeking an educator who enjoys collaborating with their colleagues and who challenges themselves to improve professionally. This individual will serve as a long term substitute for a teacher who is on maternity leave until January 22. The teacher will need to be prepared for both distance and in-person learning as schools re-open.*
The ideal candidate will:
– plan for interactive lessons online and in person.
– implement lesson plans and instruction that is hands on and rigorous.
– develop lessons and assessments that challenge our student.
– be knowledgeable in education pedagogy and effective teaching strategies especially in language arts and math.
– collaborate with colleagues and attend faculty meetings and professional development opportunities.
– be ready to grow professionally.
– be a model of Christ’s love and demonstrate enthusiasm for learning.
– be prepared to nurture relationships with our school community.
– knowledgeable in STEM principles and hand-on learning.
– available for Parent Meeting, Conferences, Fundraisers on occasional evenings or on weekends.
– Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; MA and teaching credential preferred
– Experienced in working with children in a classroom setting
– Experienced in using technology and other online platforms
– Demonstrates effective classroom management
– Possesses a positive attitude, resiliency, and a desire for professional growth
– Open to learn from students and colleagues and is collaborative
– Communicates clearly both verbally and written
Please email to our principal, Mr. Claro Nunez, your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position. Thank you!
St. Francis of Assisi School- Silverlake, Los Angeles (Los Angeles)
1550 Maltman Ave.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org