We are seeking a dynamic Long-Term Substitute Teacher committed to:
- Modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church
- Preparing students to enter an increasingly challenging, complex, secular, and technological society with a thorough program which integrates intellectual development and promotes 21st Century Skills mastery
- Uses a student-centered approach guided by the California Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
- Teach a combination of classes including but not limited to: American Literature, AP English Literature, and Yearbook.
- Developing an adaptive skill-set that guides, promotes, and is applicable in a remote/distance learning model or hybrid learning model.
- Collaborating with colleagues within the English Department and other departments on curriculum and pedagogy
- Effective communication with students, parents, and faculty to ensure appropriate delivery of student services as it pertains to learning.
- Implementing the Archdiocesan Support Team Educational Program (STEP) for qualifying students
- Using and improving instructional and educational technology competencies as a tool for teaching and learning in the classroom
- Supporting and upholding school policies
- Ongoing professional development in the fields of their subject matter and the art of teaching and learning
- Maintaining professional standards
- Performing other duties as reasonably assigned
Information/Application Contact: Submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jose De Vera, Vice Principal. No phone calls please.
– experience teaching high school English courses
– bachelor’s degree in English or a related field
– previous experience teaching AP English Literature
– Master’s degree and/or teaching credential
Information/Application Contact: Submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jose De Vera, Vice Principal. No phone calls.
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA email@example.com