St. Raphael School, Los Angeles, is seeking a dynamic teacher who will:
• Devise creative approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding
• Be willing to take risks, be passionate, and open to growth.
• Have knowledge of 6, 7, and 8th grade Content Standards for Science (NEXGEN)
• Consult with and collaborate with other teachers, staff, and administration with positivity and professionalism at all times
• Integrate technology (including station rotations) into the classroom environment and curriculum
• Communicate with parents, students, and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments, and coach special projects.
• Complete all grading and entering (into Gradelink)
• Ensure that assessment is an integral part of everyday teaching
• Work occasional evening hours and weekend hours as specified/as needed
•Be an active and participative member of the school and faith community, especially in attending events outside of school hours such as Family Mass
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education or education related field, Current or In Progress CA Teaching Credential
• Teaching experience and background working with junior high students preferred
• Commitment to Catholic education, professional conduct, team-building, on-going professional growth, and teacher-accountability
• Proficiency in technology integration and implementation using technology (Personalized Learning software and Chromebooks, specifically) as learning tools
• Strong classroom management skills
• Knowledge of Common Core Standards/ NEXGEN Science standards strongly preferred
• Must share St. Raphael School’s vision and mission of educating the whole child
• Uphold the importance of personal values, moral standards, and integrity by being a role model in the school community • Demonstrate passion for inner-city, Catholic education and serving an underresourced community
St. Raphael School (Los Angeles)
924 W 70th St.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org