Saint Paul the Apostle School, a Developmental Kindergarten through 8th grade Catholic elementary school located near Westwood in Los Angeles, is accepting applications for a long-term Kindergarten substitute teacher for the remainder of the 2022-23 school year. The ideal candidate is willing to work hard to build a dynamic learning environment in a Catholic school that focuses on a challenging academic background while developing character and building community. Saint Paul the Apostle School is an exciting and engaging community to be a part of. Come join our team of excellent educators!
Duties and skills include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and deliver a creative, effective, and developmentally appropriate educational program.
• Create an environment that fosters a love of learning, meeting the academic, social, emotional, and spiritual growth of each student.
• Establish and communicate learning goals to all students.
• Analyze data and use tools and results of assessments to inform instruction.
• Evaluate student progress.
• Communicate thoughtfully and professionally with parents and colleagues.
• Integrate use of technology to enhance student learning.
• Ability to be flexible, work in a collaborative environment, and be a positive team player.
• BA or higher degree
• Clear or Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential or working toward a clear Credential
• At least two years teaching experience preferred
• Effective communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong classroom management skills
• Competency in developing lesson plans in alignment with Common Core, state-standards, and technology
• Cultivate a Growth Mindset in self and students
• Knowledge of and experience with differentiation and engagement
• Willingness to assist with co-curricular programs and/or activities
• Active Catholic preferred
• Engagement in the life and community of our parish school
• Experience with using iPads, Chromebooks, projectors, Zoom, Schoology, Renaissance Learning
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Paul the Apostle School (Los Angeles)
1536 Selby Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org