The Liturgical Event Coordinator is an Archdiocesan employee who models a lifestyle of intentional, Christian discipleship. The Coordinator assists the parish community by creating an environment where couples or families are pastorally prepared for Mass consisting of the Rite of Marriage or Quinceañera blessing.
Respond to couples (Weddings/Convalidations/Anniversaries), or families for:
1. (Quinceañeras) inquiring about Wedding, Convalidation, Anniversary, or Quinceañera arrangements.
2. Weddings, Convalidations and Anniversaries, the Coordinator is responsible to inquire about impediments to marrying in the Church, including previous marriages, before supplying pricing and availability information.
3. Marriage inquiries where a previous marriage exists, the Coordinator is responsible to supply the couple with Marriage Tribunal Minister contact information. The Coordinator cannot begin working with the couple until receiving authorization from the Marriage Tribunal Minister. For Informal cases, the coordinator can usually begin working with the couple upon receipt of verbal authorization from the Marriage Tribunal Minister. For Formal cases, the coordinator cannot begin working with the couple until a final Decree of Nullity is received.
4. Quinceañeras, the Coordinator is responsible to explain the requirements, including registration and active participation in a Sacrament of Confirmation program, before supplying pricing and availability information.
The coordinator is responsible to supply, via email or hard copy, current copies of the Church Use Agreement, appropriate Liturgical Event Fee Schedule, Guidelines for Photography/Videography and Environmental/Décor additions, Basic Mass Planner for Music, and when applicable, the Timeline for Marriage Preparation and marriage retreat information for couples who are marrying.
Additionally, the coordinator will schedule a first meeting with the couple/family to answer questions, begin the Marriage Registration, reserve the church/Eucharistic Chapel in MinistrEspace for their liturgical event and rehearsal by completing the Church Use Agreement and collecting the $200.00 non-refundable deposit, schedule Presider, discuss Mass planning, and when applicable, discuss Marriage Preparation requirements and begin Prenuptial Paperwork with couples that are marrying.
Also, the coordinator is responsible for gathering all paperwork required to allow a priest from outside the Archdiocese of Los Angeles to have faculties to serve at Saint Kateri Church. For marriages, the coordinator will schedule:
1. Meetings with four Witnesses to complete Prenuptial Witness Statements.
2. A meeting at the parish to complete the F.O.C.C.U.S. Inventory and assign/prepare F.O.C.C.U.S. Inventory for Presider and Marriage Preparation Deacon or Couple.
For Marriages and Convalidations for persons residing in our parish boundaries that wish to marry outside of Saint Kateri Church, the Coordinator is responsible to prepare and finalize the Prenuptial paperwork packet, including Letters of Permission to Marry, all Prenuptial Statements, all Sacramental documentation, all documents relating to Marriage Preparation, and any other documentation required by the diocese or parish where the liturgy will occur, forwarding the Prenuptial packet to the Archdiocese of Lo Angeles-Office of the Vicar for Canonic Services.
The coordinator is responsible to ensure that the Prenuptial packet is completed and submitted in time to meet the delivery requirements of the diocese or parish where the liturgy will occur.
The coordinator will schedule a second meeting to go over Mass planning and music requests, and when applicable, to review status of Prenuptial paperwork for couples that are marrying. And,
1. is Responsible to contact the requested cantor and supply them with the requested music titles at least 45 days prior to the liturgy. (It is the cantor’s job to coordinate the music with the couple/family, schedule an accompanist and receive music selection approval from the Director of Liturgy (and/or Director of Music as applicable)
2. will schedule a final meeting with the couple/family to finalize all liturgical arrangements, and when applicable, assure completeness of all Prenuptial paperwork, including receipt of a California/Confidential L.A. Country Marriage License, for couples that are marrying, at least 45 days prior to the liturgy
3. is responsible to prepare the Presider’s Wedding/Quinceañera Order of Service, Processional and Seating diagrams, and Readings/Gospel/Prayer of the Faithful ambo book, at least one week prior to the liturgy
4. is responsible to collect all outstanding fees and balances from the couple/family, at least 30 days prior to the event
5. is responsible to submit check requests for non-Staff cantors and musicians, at least 14 days prior to the liturgy, and dispersing payments on the day of the event
6. is Responsible to submit a Petty Cash request for altar server stipends, at least 14 days prior to the liturgy, and dispensing stipends on the day of the event
7. will supply a first draft and final edited version of a Wedding/Convalidation/Anniversary/
Quinceañera program, upon request. (SKT Coordinator is not responsible for designing, artwork, supplies and printing of programs)
8. is responsible to prepare the Presider Mass book, including notations of all special requests, ethnic traditions, etc.
9. is responsible to set up for, direct and clean up after the Wedding/Convalidation/ Anniversary/Quinceañera liturgical rehearsal, which is usually 1.0 to 1.5 hours long
10. is responsible to set up for, direct, and clean up after the Wedding/Convalidation/ Anniversary/Quinceañera liturgical event, including acting as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Eucharist, purifying/washing the sacred vessels, and restoring the space for public worship, which is usually 3.0 to 3.5 hours long
11. is responsible to assist with the completion, copying, and mailing of Marriage Licenses immediately after each wedding liturgy
12. is responsible to submit the completed Prenuptial File, including Marriage License copy and Wedding Witness information, to the Parish Scribe for recording
13. is responsible to prepare a commemorative Sacrament of Matrimony certificate and providing it to the couple after the liturgy.
14. Occasionally arrange/pick up meals/drinks for visiting priests who preside at liturgies at Saint Kateri Church, and deliver Prenuptial packets to the U.S. Post Office for delivery.
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Church (Santa Clarita)
22508 Copper Hill Drive
Santa Clarita, CA email@example.com