St. Anastasia is located in Westchester, near LMU and LAX. We are looking to hire a second learning specialist. The Elementary School Learning Specialist is responsible for providing academic and behavioral support. The Learning Specialist works with students, teachers, and parents to identify and address academic and behavioral needs of students. The Learning Specialist also works collaboratively with the school administration and faculty to develop and implement strategies to enhance the learning environment for all students.
• Provide academic and behavioral support to students through individual or small group instruction.
• Collaborate with classroom teachers to modify and differentiate instructional materials and strategies to meet the diverse learning needs of students.
• Administer and interpret formal and informal assessments to identify students’ strengths and areas of need.
• Develop and implement behavior management plans to support positive student behavior and classroom management.
• Communicate regularly with parents and teachers to update them on student progress and to develop effective strategies for supporting student success.
• Participate in faculty and staff meetings, professional development opportunities, and school-wide events to promote a collaborative and supportive learning community.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, special education, or related field required
• Prior experience working with elementary school students with diverse learning needs.
• Strong knowledge of current research and best practices in teaching and learning.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
• Demonstrated commitment to the values and mission of Catholic education.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Anastasia Catholic School (Los Angeles)
8631 Stanmoor Drive
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com