St. Mark School is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic long-term substitute Kindergarten Teacher Associate from May 15-June 15, 2022. Proven candidates will have the opportunity to apply for the 2022-2023 school year.
SMS takes pride in its strong academic program. Our goal is to help our children become active and confident learners who respect themselves, others and the environment. Our graduates have the academic and spiritual foundation to become responsible and well-informed citizens of the world.
Elementary classrooms are self-contained. The candidate must be able to assist teachers in all subjects. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with faculty and administration. The candidate must have clear communication with administration, parents, and students. In addition, the candidate must be a practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Catholic Church, and willing to support the teachings of the Catholic Church.
1) Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
2) Pass CBEST;
3) Have the desire or in the process of obtaining a CA Multiple Subject Teaching Credential;
2) Have a general understanding of Common Core Standards;
3) Be knowledgeable of various online resources/programs to assist with in-person teaching, as well as distance learning;
4) Be able to assist lead teacher in: preparing and implementing lesson plans; instructing students using an effective classroom management style; monitoring student progress; evaluating student performance; and maintaining accurate student records;
5) Perform other duties and administrative tasks per school protocol and/or administration’s request;
6) Be an active Catholic in good standing with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Additional requirements: Virtus Certified; Live Scan through ADLA; TB Neg. Test Result; CPR Certification; Catechetical Certification (preferable) and Covid-19 vaccination or weekly testing.
St. Mark School (Venice)
912 Coeur D Alene Ave
Venice, CA firstname.lastname@example.org