Marymount is an Independent, Catholic all-girls high school that fosters confidence, joy, leadership, and a sense of greater purpose in each student. Education of the whole girl is one of the most important
pillars upon which the academic and co-curricular programs are built. The school celebrates the individuality of each student, empowering girls to become their best selves academically, emotionally and socially. Established in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), Marymount High
School shares the tradition of an international network of schools including sister schools in New York, Europe, and South America. Located in Westwood/Bel Air, just north of UCLA in Los Angeles.
Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Junior Varsity Soccer Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport. This position is
seasonal from October 2023 through February 2024.
Job Duties & Requirements
- Works with the Head Varsity coach to prepare pre-season and season schedules.
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the JV Soccer Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy.
- Contributes to development and organization of practices to provide individual and team instruction
- Educate the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care
- Accompany the team to all scheduled games
- Assess and determine the need for individual and team improvement
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provide appropriate supervision of athletes at all times
- Help and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards
- Inform the Athletic Trainer in the event of an athletic injury
- Demonstrate a high standard of sportsmanship and models non discriminatory practices when addressing players, officials, spectators and visiting teams
- Follows the school’s procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms
- Works with the Athletic Director to prepare for the end of season award celebration
- Attends the coaches meeting and award ceremonies planned by the Athletics Department.
- A minimum of 2 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, parents and students
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Marymount High School (Los Angeles)
10643 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org