Nativity Catholic School located in Torrance, California, is seeking an experienced Social Studies and Religion teacher starting in August 2023. The successful candidate will teach 6-8th Social Studies and 6th-8th Religion in all of its aspects. In addition, the teacher will serve as the 6th grade Homeroom teacher. We are seeking a strong, motivated team player who will work with the Junior High team to continue our tradition of excellence at Nativity!
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Be able to plan effective lessons which engage and challenge students.
2. Utilize Google Classroom and grade level applications, including knowledge of advanced Archdiocesan Religion and Social Studies curriculum for 6th-8th grade students.
3. Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents, and faculty/staff colleagues.
1. Practicing Catholic
2. California Teaching credential (preferred) and/or Master Degree in Education (or in related field).
3. Experience teaching advanced subjects in JH setting.
4. Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Nativity Catholic School (Torrance)
Torrance, CA email@example.com