St. Raphael School, Los Angeles, is seeking a dynamic Junior High English Language Arts teacher who will:
• Devise creative approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding
• Be willing to take risks, be passionate, and open to growth
• Consult with and collaborate with other teachers, staff, and administration with positivity and professionalism at all times
• Integrate technology (including blended learning station rotations) into the classroom environment and curriculum
• Communicate with parents, students, and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments, and coach special projects.
• Complete all grading and entering (into Gradelink), create progress reports, and conduct parent conferences in a consistent and timely manner
• Ensure that assessment is an integral part of everyday teaching
• Plan and attend field trips and make efforts to integrate trips into the curriculum
• Work occasional evening hours and weekend hours as specified/as needed
•Be an active and participatory member of the school and faith community, especially in attending events outside of school hours such as Family Mass
•Have extensive content knowledge and familiarity with the Common Core Standards
•Effective classroom management
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in education or education related field, Current or In Progress CA Teaching Credential • Teaching experience and background working with students of the same age group preferred • Commitment to Catholic education, professional conduct, team-building, on-going professional growth, and teacher-accountability • Proficiency in technology integration and implementation using technology (Personalized Learning software and Chromebooks, specifically) as learning tools • Strong classroom management skills • Knowledge of Common Core Standards curriculum preferred • Must share St. Raphael School’s vision and mission of educating the whole child • Uphold the importance of personal values, moral standards, and integrity by being a role model in the school community • Demonstrate passion for inner-city, Catholic education and serving an under resourced community. • Demonstrate flexibility with classroom instruction, such as distant learning or hybrid models, as need pending guidelines from the Archdiocese in collaboration with the LA Department of Public Health and the CDC.
ALL RESUMES MUST BE SENT WITH COVER LETTERS TO BOTH AHURTT@STRAPHAELLA.ORG & MFLORES@STRAPHAELLA.ORG
St. Raphael School (Los Angeles)
924 W. 70th St.
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com