Nativity Catholic School located in Torrance, California, is seeking an experienced Junior High English and Language Arts teacher starting in August 2023. The successful candidate will teach 6th-8th English and Language Arts to all students in Junior High. In addition, the teacher will serve as the 8th grade Homeroom teacher. We are seeking a strong, motivated team player who will work with the Junior High team to continue our tradition of excellence.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Be able to plan effective lessons/lesson plans which engage and challenge students in differentiated ways.
2. Utilize Google Classroom and grade level applications, including knowledge of Core Instructional Practice and Exit Ticketing to assess and support all 6th-8th grade students.
3. Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents, and faculty/staff colleagues.
4. Plan and facilitate 8th grade Graduation program
1. Practicing Catholic
2. California Teaching credential or Master Degree (Education or related field)
3. Experience teaching high level, 6th-8th English and Language Arts.
4. Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Nativity Catholic School (Torrance)
2371 W. Carson Street
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org