St. Catherine Labouré School, a Catholic (Preschool-Grade 8) elementary school located in Torrance, is seeking a junior high English Language Arts teacher who will also serve as the eighth-grade homeroom teacher. There are two classes per grade (approximately 132 junior high students). The ideal candidate must be a practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Catholic Church; well-versed in Common Core State Standards; be a highly qualified teacher; and be a collaborative teammate and colleague. This position requires collaboration with the Literature teacher to create and implement a cohesive, unified program. Being technology literate is a must.
We seek a passionate educator who will:
• Design and implement a comprehensive curriculum aligned with Common Core State Standards; differentiating the material as needed.
• Foster a positive, engaging, and safe classroom environment.
• Utilize technology to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
• Engage students in hands-on learning to provide appropriate and interactive learning experiences.
• Track and analyze student progress using a variety of assessment tools and adjust instruction accordingly.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with parents to ensure continuity of learning and a collaborative professional culture.
• Work collaboratively with the junior high school team.
• Be active in the Catholic Church and in good standing with the church’s moral teaching.
• Continually seek growth opportunities that allow innovation to improve student learning.
• Contribute to build community at St. Catherine Labouré School through active participation.
• Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Minimum of 3 years teaching preferred.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Possess a CA teaching credential (Multiple Subject or Single Subject).
• Experience with differentiation and intervention.
• Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
• Have a growth mindset; be a life-long learner; be willing to plan and collaborate with teammates.
• Must be able to use and integrate technology in daily lessons.
• Possess a Basic Catechetical Certification or be willing to achieve certification within three years of hire.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Catherine Labouré School (Torrance)
3846 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Torrance, CA firstname.lastname@example.org