The Janitor / Custodian Level I is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all physical facilities for St. John Eudes Parish. He/she ensures that the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean, neat and prepared for all activities. This position reports to the Parish Facilities Manager.”
Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning of the Parish & School Halls, Church, Parish Office and Rectory, including all bathrooms. This includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping and polishing floors; cleaning toilets, urinals and sinks; cleaning windows; cleaning kitchen stoves, ovens and other equipment; emptying trash containers; disinfecting tables and chairs; and restocking bathrooms with hand soap, paper towels, toilet paper, seat covers, etc.
- Policing the Patio, Plaza and surrounding campus grounds and emptying any trash containers.
- Periodically power washing the Patio, Plaza and walkways and building sides.
- Scrubbing and disinfecting drinking fountains daily.
- Setting up tables and chairs, cleaning facilities and emptying trash where and when needed – e.g., Parish & School Halls, Plaza and/or Patio (typically before and after meetings and events).
- Keeping the Facilities Manager aware of the inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies and when items need to be re-ordered.
- Keeping the Facilities Manager aware of facilities issue and repair needs.
- Other jobs as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to safely operate and use vacuums, cleaning equipment and supplies, hand and power tools and other equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the church
Education and Certifications:
- Must have a High School diploma or GED with a minimum of five (5) years in facilities management, building, grounds or industrial facilities maintenance or related occupation.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, bending, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and handling of materials.
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Ability to lift/carry, up to approximately fifty (50) pounds frequently, and occasional lifting/carrying of equipment weighing up to approximately seventy-five (75) pounds may be required.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing/walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. John Eudes Catholic Church (Chatsworth)
9901 Mason Avenue
Chatsworth, CA email@example.com