The Archdiocese of Los Angeles is seeking to hire an Internal Audit Associate.
The Internal Audit department is responsible for evaluating risks to the Archdiocese and identifying process improvements and operational efficiencies, focused on the parishes and schools.
The candidate we are seeking will:
• Perform on-site reviews at parishes and school to assess compliance with Archdiocesan policies, procedures and internal control best practices.
• Provide support on all audit projects by collecting, aggregating, organizing, analyzing, interpreting and presenting financial and accounting data, reports and other information.
• Assist in the development of Internal Audit training materials and other resources for parishes, schools and other Archdiocesan entities, programs and departments.
• Monitor the Internal Audit department helpdesk to ensure messages are addressed timely, communicating effectively and providing excellent customer service as the primary liaison for the department.
• Internal controls concepts and fraud risks.
The candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Data analysis techniques.
• Understanding of the COSO Framework, and IIA standards and guidance is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Advanced user of Excel and Access is a plus.
• Experience with QuickBooks, data analytic tools (Alteryx), audit management software (AuditBoard) and data visualization tools is a plus.
• Effective oral and written communication required. Spanish bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
• Travel locally up to 50%+ of time visiting parishes, schools and other locations within the Archdiocese.
Education, Experience & Certifications / Licenses
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, statistics, data science or related field preferred.
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community preferred.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus.
Financial Services (Los Angeles)
3424 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com