Flintridge Sacred Heart is a Catholic, Dominican, independent, college-preparatory, day and boarding high school whose mission is to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. We are seeking an experienced math teacher who is capable of teaching all levels of Math. Successful candidates must have a strong background in math. The ideal candidate will be experienced in integrating technology into their teaching, and ready to consider emerging technologies to enhance learning and student engagement. We are looking for a teacher who will convey a love for math, participate in the school community outside the classroom, to support the mission of the school, and collaborate with colleagues in interdisciplinary research-based assignments. As part of an integrated and dynamic faculty, all teachers are involved in co-curricular programs and should share in a commitment to a holistic approach to educating young women.
Flintridge Sacred Heart educators are members of an innovative learning environment where committed teachers develop intentionally designed curriculums. Faculty is engaged in a 1:1 MacBook program, curriculum/ programming redesign and mapping, and teacher-driven professional learning communities. Dedicated to teaching and learning in a supportive and collegial atmosphere, our faculty “shares out” on best practices, technological integration, and instructional strategies via blogs, small group learning sessions, and visits to each other’s classrooms.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is a vital element of Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy’s mission to educate young women for a life of faith, integrity and truth. At Flintridge Sacred Heart, we seek to create and sustain a vibrant, inclusive community and we value and appreciate the uniqueness contained within each person so as to honor the diversity of God’s creation.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Commitment to the mission of Flintridge Sacred Heart,
2. Ability to create an environment in the classroom and in all areas of co-curricular responsibility that nurtures the development of faith, integrity and truth,
3. Demonstrate a strong commitment to equitable and inclusive classroom practices,
4. Design and implement regular formative and summative assessments to measure student learning,
5. Proficiency in curriculum planning, instruction, and assessment,
6. Willingness to serve on a collaborative team as a research advisor,
7. Demonstrate skill in fostering a learner-centered classroom environment and challenge students to apply knowledge to real-life problems,
8. Be a reflective educator who models intellectual curiosity,
9. Actively participate in the school’s culture of inquiry and seek out opportunities for professional development to enhance content knowledge and pedagogical skill,
10. Provides innovative and creative commitment to education and an overall passion for project or problem-based learning with real-world application,
11. Maintains course scope and sequence as well as creates comprehensive course curriculum map,
12. Update course topic pages to accurately reflect daily lessons,
13. Attend department meetings and other relevant committees.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Math or other relevant discipline,
2. Master’s degree preferred
3. Minimum of 2 years high school mathematics teaching experience preferred,
4. Knowledge of current trends,
5. Excellent classroom management, communication and organizational skills,
6. Ability to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional manner,
7. Experience with academic technology and/or an enthusiastic willingness to be trained to employ new tools.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
1. Stands 50% or more of the workday,
2. Sight, hearing and speech are essential for communication,
3. Lifts up to 10 pounds without assistance.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy (La Canada Flintridge)
440 St. Katherine Drive
La Canada Flintridge, CA email@example.com