Job may include teaching Spanish 1 (2 courses).
Job Description for Senior Counselor:
Responsible for the academic counseling of students assigned to him/her.
-Implements the general guidelines of the school regarding guidance and counseling and applies them as best fits students’ needs.
-Provides referral sources for students who need outside agencies for assistance with problems (personal, health or drug related).
-Meets with parents and students on a drop-in basis before school, at break and lunch, and after school. Other meetings are by appointment.
– Is available to students during assigned hours and by appointment to discuss concerns.
-Conducts admissions interviews with administrative cabinet.
-Disseminates college information in both individual and group sessions to students and parents including the College Night program for all students.
-Orders all appropriate forms for college counseling (i.e. SAT/ACT registration materials and UC/CSU applications)
-Coordinates the availability of college catalogs.
-Schedules college visits for appropriate students
-Regularly updates and maintains information regarding college, career and military options for students with in the counseling office.
-Maintains up-to-date financial aid and scholarship information for colleges as well as off-campus sources of scholarship and grant money.
-Monitors graduation requirements
-Coordinates nominations/applications for award programs such as Bank of America and National Merit, etc.
-Writes recommendations as requested.
-Attends UC/CSU annual conferences to stay current with admission policies.
-Attends workshops on financial aid in order to remain current.
-Coordinates Financial Aid Night
-Orders and disseminates financial aid forms (FAFSA) to interested seniors.
-Tallies and distributes census for senior class as to their future plans after high school.
-Tallies and disseminates scholarship award amounts to be announced at the Senior Farewell Night.
– Plans, schedules and implements an annual Career Day.
-Performs other duties as assigned by the principal or vice principal.
1. MA in Counseling or related field, such as Student Affairs Administration
2. Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred
3. Experience working in an educational setting (high school counseling and/or college admissions)
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Name and contact information of three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School (Montebello)
329 N. Garfield Ave.
Montebello, CA email@example.com