Don Bosco Technical Institute is a private not-for-profit high school located in Los Angeles County. The school specializes in STEM education, preparing young men for university engineering majors.
We are currently seeking a full-time IDEA Instructor for the 2021-2022 school year. The qualified candidate will be primarily responsible for instruction in architecture, 3D modeling, Photoshop, and engineering design. Demonstrated understanding of the design process, project-based learning and strong drawing skills are required. Must be able to effectively integrate technology into the classroom, workshop, and lab environments.
The qualifications required for the IDEA Instructor include:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in mechanical engineering or related field
- Valid California teaching credential is desired. If the selected candidate does not have the desired credential, they will be required to obtain one within five years of hire
- Demonstrated experience in product design, architecture or transportation design
- Proficient in Solidworks, Autodesk Revit Architecture, Adobe Photoshop and Wacom Intuos4 Tablet
- Experience with SketchUp desired
- Experience required operating and maintaining a variety of hand tools and manufacturing machines (ex: lathes, mills, drill presses, band saws, etc.)
- Be able to initiate and maintain a tool and machine safety program for high school students
- Experience with high school robotics competitions is desired
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with both Mac, Windows OS and Google Suite
- Qualified candidates will be asked to share a portfolio of previous work at the time of the interview.
Qualified interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
Don Bosco Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91770TechHR@boscotech.edu